Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Hello and Welcome!

A big hello to everyone in cyberspace. I'm Toya Jones Frank, blogger, doctoral student, and future mathematics education professor. I keep a personal blog, but from time to time, I find myself blogging about STEM equity issues. I've decided to branch off and create a separate space to talk about equity in STEM fields, and thus, STEM Fierceness has been born. 

STEM, acronym for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics, is a hot topic right now. Schools with STEM foci are popping up all over the place.  Everyone wants to improve the teaching and learning of mathematics and science for students, and I do as well. I just believe that in addition to focusing on content and classroom pedagogy, we have to attend to the affective dimensions of teaching and learning these subjects, and that's the purpose of this blog. I am creating a space for critical thought about affective and equity-related issues to teaching and learning mathematics and science.

I'll be moving my older posts about stem and equity from my personal blog to this site, but also be on the lookout for new posts. Feel free to share your ideas and comments! 


No comments:

Post a Comment